Intertextual Connections


Closing doors, quiet moments

It has been a few days since I last took the keyboard and jot my thoughts on this blog. Although I have used it for other things e.g. applying for jobs, msn (which I think I should quit) and replying mails and as a navigator on my extensive reading concerns. At this present moment, I feel like smashing the keyboard onto the floor. So I'm currently two hearts about breaking in raging fury vs. taming my human emotions for a better control of simply, being human.

I am just a lil' edgy at the moment. Over the past week, I had attended 2 job interviews. One as a copywriter with TBWA and another with Universal Music doing marketing and promotions for them. The first will be graded via my blog, yea...the director is going or has been browsing my blog to gauge my level of english and therefore seeking to best fit me or in any case, able to fit me at all. I haven't heard from him yet. o_O

Last night, I spent a great amount of time sending out job applications to FedEx, Sara Lee, Johnson & Johnson for various positions in those companies. This morning I spent some time enquiring and calling up companies like Univelever, IBM and P&G. There aren't any available positions at Unilever, with IBM...Ms. Rosaini from HR isn't there (I mean for peeps sake, at least answer the phone if u're in HR!) and P&G has an extensive range of a website but just trying to call them has only proved one thing, their automated message system works fine, "Please key in an extension number or please hold"....."Tuuuuu..". Hello, at least let me get in contact with a human-lah, it's as if I'm applying for a post in Mars or something.

Anyway, I digress. I tried calling up some banks too, although I am not keen on working with them but I'm sure they'll give me a good overall corpoarte experience. I feel so torn not being the field but having so many minds about the various job positions. I just want to land something. Gosh, why is it so difficult for me!!

I have been seeking some treatment for my shoulder. Which I felt better and being the unsettling one, I ventured out for an outlet of passion and fun, a good game of badminton. I felt great during the game but the following day was spent with an ice pack. Yes, it's gone again. Dang! (I'll write an entry on this later)


I just feel flat from having every door closing on me daily or anytime I try to step out. *Boom*Bang*Shut*Boom*.

He is in control.
Sit with Him.
For a while, daily.

Closing doors, waiting corners, where's the light? Maybe it's not something for vision but quiet listening that will strengthen my stillness.





0 Responses to “Closing doors, quiet moments”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.